Friday, August 1, 2008

кока-кола

Being that it was Friday, I was so excited to get out of the gym by 11am today! I couldn't wait to get home and do what I do best...and that was to work on my tan. So i'm laying out on the deck and we have this outdoor sound system which I will sometimes listen to if I don't feel like untangling the headphones to my ipod. Anyways it was set to the radio, and everyday this particular DJ has this contest at 3 o'clock were he states a random fact and listeners will call in and try to guess the item, percentage, number, or whatever he's talking about. Long story short, he takes all these calls, and the winner gets a concert ticket or something.

So today the random statistic was "the average american drinks ______ cans of soda per year." Well usually I just ignore his lame attempt to get callers to participate in his radio show, but this caught my attention being that I have slight addiction to Coke. Did I say slight? Haha actually you could pretty much just call me a "Coke head." Anyways, here I am on edge...wondering just how I stack up to the rest of America. Is my case really as severe as people say it is? Or could I possibly be below average? Well after about 20 minutes of call after call, commercial breaks, and maybe one actual song the DJ says "the average American drinks 603 cans of pop per year" Haha yes I kid you not...he did say "pop!"

After hearing that, I have to admit that I was sorta shocked! That's a lot of freakin calories (72, 360 to be exact) What's probably more shocking is that I can almost guarantee that I am above the average. Oooops! As I rolled onto my stomach to prevent uneven tanning, I kinda laughed to myself thinking THANK GOD they didn't survey me, I could of single-handedly put the national average in the thousands!









Drink up!

No comments: